Where and When do the events begin and end?
- It will officially begin at 3:00 pm on Monday, June 25 and ends on Friday, June 29 at 10:00 am.
What are the sleeping arrangements?
Historically, we have stayed in college dormitories. You should bring a twin sheets, sleeping bag/blanket, and pillow.
What is included in the $275 cost?
- All Meals (except Wednesday evening dinner) while you are with us
- Evening activities on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Construction materials and project supplies that are specific to your project
- Summer T-shirt
- Worship every evening
What is the deposit/payment Schedule?
March 1, $75 deposit for each person attending the trip
May 1st the balance is due for total number attending. Fees are transferable among participants.
How do we arrange payment?
Payments should be made through the group/church that is attending. During group registration, the group/church leader will fill out the online form and mail a check to the appropriate location for the trip that was chosen. After that the parent/guardian will fill out the individual registration form and the group/church will then mail the remaining balance that is left.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- The $75 per person deposit due on March 1 is non refundable but can be transferred among participants. (Example: May be used for someone else other than the one that was listed, if the student was listed by name.)
- May 1 the balance is due for total number attending. Fees are transferable among participants.
- Refund of 50% less deposit and fees already paid for cancellations received in writing by June 1.
- 100% less $75 for medical emergency or family death up to June 1
- No refunds for non emergency cancellations after June 1.
- No refunds if the trip is cut short for any reason.
NOTE: This policy has been established because DSM incurs costs in planning for any child or adult to be present at the event. Food and t-shirts are purchased ahead of time as well as supplies for mission and evening activities. The fees that are not refunded will go toward mission in the area of service.
What does the schedule look like?
The schedule is designed to help our participants work during the day and have fun at night. After eating breakfast, the work begins and end in time for worship and the evening activity. For a more detailed schedule, check the trips page.
What will the work projects be like? Do we need to bring working supplies?
We will be doing a variety of manual larbor project and relational ministry project on Tuesday, Wedensday and Thursday. All construction and project supplies will be provided for the groups and a representative from DSM will make sure that each work site has all that it needs in regards to the constructional and project supplies. An example would be: if you are replacing a piece of drywall, we will provide the drywall and nails, and you will be required to provide the hammer to put it up.
Who can come on the trip?
Groups can bring youth who have completed grades 6-12. Younger family members may attend with special permission from the DSM planning teams. Please contact us to make those arrangements.
What do we need to bring?
Ratio: 1 male and 1 female adult for each group. Maintaining a 1 adult to every 7 student
1 Vehicle for each work team ( a work team consists of 2-3 adults and 8-10 youth
A copy of your church’s insurance and liability cards
1 Large cooler per vehicle for ice and water
Here is a suggested packing list for DSM.
What should we leave at home?
Alcohol, tobacco products, and/or illegal substance
Radios, TV’s, ipods, tablets, computers, electronic games
Skateboards, roller blades
Clothing with inappropriate, vulgar or offensive graphics or language
Lots of money
An attitude (language, behavior, clothing) that is inappropriate for a Christian Event
Guns or weapons of any kind